unitedfbody.com

Author Topic: A/C, blower connections under hood  (Read 704 times)

Offline b_hill_86

• VIP member
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +6/-2
  • Toledo, OH
Re: A/C, blower connections under hood
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2019, 09:36:41 PM »
Alrighty Iíll see where I end up with everything. Appreciate it.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 Speed Hardtop

Offline b_hill_86

• VIP member
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +6/-2
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2019, 01:42:34 PM »
Another nice little surprise today. I hadnít realized these cars did the recirculate thing on MAX A/C till recently so I decided to check my car out. Now that I know my hvac controls are still sending power where they need to I tested the blend doors. All seemed to work fine except the recirculate door which I found did actually work but was stuck in the open (recirculate) position due to a missing spring. Luckily enough the spring had fallen down somehow and was still intact. Quick easy fix and it worked!

Also makes me happy cause in the past even on cooler days it gets warm in the cabin with the windows down so if tried the vent setting to blow some cooler outside air but it was ALWAYS warmer than outside. Made me think the hot/cold diverted probably just wasnít closing off the heater core all the way which I was not looking forward to fixing. Now I realize it was because it was recirculating he warm cabin air DUH.

Long story for no real reason but after the engine and trans troubles I had in the past these little victories (shit actually still working well after 42 years) count for something.

Now I just have to see if my evaporator core leaks or not and have it cleaned out if needed/possible before I order the A/C kit.
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 Speed Hardtop

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds
  • Admin
  • KARMA +280/-335
  • Another Awesome Day in the Hood
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2019, 07:58:31 PM »
Yes.   Run alcohol thorough all the stuff your keeping.  Start all over with the oil and Freon.