unitedfbody.com

Author Topic: UFB Cars & Coffee this Saturday  (Read 880 times)

Offline Gamemedic

• Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +1/-1
Re: UFB Cars & Coffee this Saturday
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 12:47:17 PM »
Woodward
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 01:05:23 PM by Gamemedic »
if you haven't had a mongo rim job you don't know what your missing.

Offline BONES

• VIP Member 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +23/-19
  • Right here
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2020, 01:43:56 PM »
😎

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
  • Parts, shirts, support the site. Be a Supporter
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2020, 02:50:41 PM »
Well, I sat in the Virtual sun all day, baked on the black top, some Virtual idiot walked by and said, nice Smokey and the Bandit car.  Some virtual kid almost scraped my car with his Razor scooter, and Mongo was a virtual no show.
 Comments from other virtual attendees?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:56:29 PM by Bird Flu »
1978 YEE

Just Say No to Facebook, your Foums Life Depends On It.

Offline Mongo

• VIP Member 🇺🇸
  • Tech staff/Moderator
  • KARMA +156/-355
  • T16
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 03:03:42 PM »
Where is everybody? Drinkin virtual Hot spot?
In Front UFB member............Are you?

Offline DaveGMH

• Moderator 🇦🇺
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +94/-905
  • United States of Australia
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2020, 04:23:45 PM »
I was in the virtual crevasse

Offline Built in 57

• 🇺🇸
  • Diamond Member
  • KARMA +5/-1
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 01:03:23 AM »
Aussie Dave was in OZ, which basically means he was virtually in Burd's garage.  I was 200 mi south in C-bus but attended in spirit.

All joking aside, let's do a get-together soon. I know Burd's piece-of-shit pussy neighbor will report us to the cops if we show up, so let's meet down on Piquette Ave in front of the old Fisher Body 21 Plant (just a couple blocks east of Woodward Ave and just north of I-94).  We can get some photos of our cars next to the creepiest old factory building in the world, drink some beers and whiskey right in the street and no one will bother us (I have been there many times and never seen a cop), and even go inside the plant ruins for a few minutes.  There are some great railroad bridges in that neighborhood and other rundown/closed plants we could shoot our cars in front of.  When we're all done we can stop at Duggan's for Big Chief burgers and I'll buy Aussie Dave a T-shirt so he can look cool in OZ.

Later this year I want to organize a tour of the plant on a Sunday morning...we'll bring a couple of ball bats and no one will bother us.  For those of you who have never been in the plant, it is 5 storeys of pure HELL...a great time I can assure you!  The view of downtown D (2 miles directly south) is well worth risking your life crawling through massive piles of rubble to get up to the roof.

PS...last few pics are from that neighborhood...it's a real "garden spot", eh?  Also, note that I drove Froggy to the plant with my 20 yr-old daughter Chloe, and no one killed us.  We were there at 6pm on a Saturday (the same day Burd and I went to the Packard Proving Ground car show on the far north side of "The D" in Shelby Township).  I went inside the building for about 10 mins and talked with some young punk urban explorers (I used to do that when I was a young punk) and they were interested in Froggy and Chloe (maybe not in that exact order, though).  I drove from C-bus to Detroit and back with California plates that expired in 1998 and not one cop stopped me!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 01:22:51 AM by Built in 57 »

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2020, 09:40:11 AM »
Heís not that much of a pussy  :))
Iíll get something planned.  I just heard about dream cruise.
1978 YEE

Offline b_hill_86

• VIP member 🇺🇸
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +6/-2
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2020, 12:49:23 PM »
Iím just saying, Tony Packoís is kind of in between Columbus and Detroit
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 Speed Hardtop

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2020, 02:50:46 PM »
Alex said heíd grab you on the way up.   8)
1978 YEE

Offline b_hill_86

• VIP member 🇺🇸
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +6/-2
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2020, 03:37:55 PM »
 :D
-Brian-

1977 Trans Am 400 4 Speed Hardtop

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2020, 06:49:04 PM »
I do have a pain in the ass neighbor.   If weíre limited to 10 he would prob call on me.   If the cops come, they have to pop their hoods, grab a coffee and a donut.   They prob wouldnít mind  O:-)
1978 YEE

Offline Built in 57

• 🇺🇸
  • Diamond Member
  • KARMA +5/-1
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 11:58:16 PM »
Hey All, I drove the 200 miles up to Burd's shack of a house (actually, I was shocked at how nice a place he has). I left Columbus (aka: C-bus) at 5:45 and hoped to arrive by 8:30 or 9. I stopped to pick up my friend Scott (he still owns the rusty blue '70 Z28 he bought as a senior in HS in 1982...it's gloriously beat-to-hell and runs GREAT!!!). I decided to drive "Froggy" instead of "Dorothy from Kansas" (my lt. blue '78 little-old-lady Nova) because when you drive through the mean streets of "The D" (Detroit...America's deadliest big city), you had better look like you're ready to kick some ass than to look the opposite way :-}.

We were making pretty good time on one of the most beautiful mornings of the year (the Summer Solstice), and were 8 miles into Michigan on I-75 when the engine started stuttering and spitting. Luckily, there was a rest area right there and we stopped to diagnose the problem. I thought it was either a weak coil or bad fuel pump. We disconnected the fuel line and had plenty of flow. I pulled out the number one plug and grounded it to check for spark...almost nothing...it looked like the ignition coil was bad. Right when we figured the problem out, a young guy and his cute girlfriend stopped in a bright green Chevy Sonic. They offered to take me to the nearest auto parts store to get the coil and I left Scott with the car. The kids were Matt, a 22 yr-old future diesel mechanic, and Rosalee, a lovely 19 yr-old redhead with nice perfume. We were gone just over an hour and during that time Scott called to say he had discovered the problem...the points were broken (the small rivet that held the points assembly together had busted). Matt drove me 15 miles to the nearest parts store which didn't have either the coil or the points. the 2nd store had both and we headed back to the car. Matt and Rosalee had wasted an hour and a half by the time we got back to Froggy, and I gave them the $100 I always keep in my wallet for emergencies. We had the new points in and gapped and on our way in 10 minutes.

Since we were going to arrive late at Burd's place (located 45 minutes north of downtown), we stopped at Scott's cousin Mike's house in the suburb of Berkely for 30 mins, and looked at the '66 Pontiac Catalina convertible that Mike is restoring. We finally arrived at Burd's place (Mike tagged along and was glad he got to meet Burd). There was only one car laft from the C and C crowd by the time we arrived...a sharp blue '69 Chrysler Newport with a modern Hemi engine owned by a guy named Larry. Burd was an excellent host and had a large pitcher of Bloody Marys and Kahlua coffees ready to get us loaded.  We had a mice one hour visii then left for the return trip to Ohio.

I'm hoping Burd hosts another C and C at his house sometime in the fall.  Thanks for your hospitality, Burd!

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 08:47:22 AM »
It was a good time for sure, some had things going on and took off early, but thats the beauty of cars & Coffee, you can take your car out and  you can be home by lunch and have the whole day still, that New Yorker was cool, one of their buddyís I met at shows, couldnít make it, there were like 15 people that I invited that didnít show. Every year is diff who comes, but thatís the beauty of it. 
Heís has a killer 61 Royal Ventura and a 80 Malibu lightLy hot Rodded.  It was good seeing everyone, some I only see once a year at this event.   
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 09:01:01 AM by Burd »
1978 YEE

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 09:13:28 AM »
List of cars at C&C, some years I donít know.   8)

Lotus Trac Car
Chrysler New Yorker ( w/ newer Hemi)
1977 Corvette
Fury Rag Top
MG ( open top)
Chrysler Imperial
Bentley
Mustang ( newer)
Mini Cooper
1980 Trans am
1978 trans am
1978 Y 88
1995 Q45
Jeep. ( custom)
1970 Camaro (froggy)
Mercury Mountineer

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:58:44 PM by Burd »
1978 YEE

Offline Mongo

• VIP Member 🇺🇸
  • Tech staff/Moderator
  • KARMA +156/-355
  • T16
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2020, 11:41:06 AM »
You forgot that classic silver Mercury Mountaineer >:(
In Front UFB member............Are you?