unitedfbody.com

Author Topic: Butler Performance - Specializing in Pontiac Engines Heads and Performance Parts  (Read 1121 times)

Offline smith79

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +55/-161
  • Going to Dave's Bar
Do you have the engine build sheet? That would be nice to see.

LOL

Yeah, that's not something I'm posting on the internet for everyone to see

;)

Offline smith79

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +55/-161
  • Going to Dave's Bar
Got to see their operation when I dropped off and picked up my motor. Jim, David and Rodney were very helpful.
'

That is cool.  Do they let you watch the dyno?  I might fly down there the day they run it on the dyno if they'll let me in there, not sure what their policy is yet.

Offline sa74sd

• Super Duty 455 Member Detroit Birds
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +2/-2
Somehow I missed Thors question. Yes they built the SD for me. It was at the old facility not their current location.
No, I didn't get to see a dyno test. They did give me the nickel tour of the various stations including receiving/shipping, machining and the assembly room.

They are not cheap, but they do know Pontiacs and are not pushy when dealing with their customers. I would use them again that's for sure.
1974 T/A SD-455, Buccaneer Red, Blk/Wt int
1981 Base Firebird (project with son)

Offline TA78W72

• VIP Member
  • FLC
  • KARMA +116/-130
Whatís the price range?

Offline smith79

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +55/-161
  • Going to Dave's Bar
Whatís the price range?

Insane to holy Phuc!!

But you get over it after a while LOL

Put it this way, I could drop an LS making 100 more HP (well maybe more like 50HP more)for probably $5-$6k cheaper.  But an LS aint got no soul so....

BTW - Butler is doing LS now too

Also, I guess a lot of it depends on your requirements too.  I am overbuilding this thing because I will probably add nitrous at some point.  Plus I had some other requirements that maybe other people wouldn't give a shit one way or the other but cost me extra.  It's also worth a little extra cost just to hear someone on the other end of the phone say this with a heavy hillbilly accent "Welllll, to be honest with you, it's probably going to scare the hell out of you the first time you drive it..."  LOL

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:09:53 AM by smith79 »

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
  • Parts, shirts, support the site. Be a Supporter
Doesn't butler do an all alum block?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:17:42 AM by Burd »
1978 YEE

Just Say No to Facebook, your Foums Life Depends On It.

Offline Thor

• 🇺🇸
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +6/-5
Jim Butler personally helped me set up my last motor build on my original 400, bored .030 over, 406 now. If I ever need a new motor it will be from them.
1978 TRANS AM - Mayan Red 66,000 miles
2018 MUSTANG GT - 9 Sec. 1000HP - Full street/strip car.

Offline smith79

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +55/-161
  • Going to Dave's Bar
Jim Butler personally helped me set up my last motor build on my original 400, bored .030 over, 406 now. If I ever need a new motor it will be from them.

Jim is a very nice guy and so is everyone else that I have talked to at Butler.  I enjoy talking to these guys.  I can't say the same for some of the other so called "big names" Pontiac engine builders that I tried to get quotes from.

Offline smith79

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +55/-161
  • Going to Dave's Bar
I have the original block that came in my car from the factory sitting on an engine stand in the barn.  I was thinking about rebuilding it to a 406 with a little cam in it and dropping it in a 1950's pick-up truck (Ford, GM, or International) and using it to haul my toys around.  I was thinking that's something you don't see every day.

Hell I already got the heads done, have a new cam kit and everything I need to finish the upper end.  Just need to go through the lower end and put it together.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 04:58:05 PM by smith79 »

Offline Gilbertsta

• Moderator 🇺🇸
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +61/-51
  • Disclaimer: I am not an expert
Can you put together a build sheet on that? Cam? What heads valves? What are the heads flowing at?

Offline smith79

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +55/-161
  • Going to Dave's Bar
Can you put together a build sheet on that? Cam? What heads valves? What are the heads flowing at?

I may or may not do a little street racing so the most i'm going to do is tell you exactly what you could see with the hood open.  The side of the block has a 400 cast on the side of it and it will have edelbrock aluminum heads and victor intake.

Oh yeah, and it will be streetable.  I will drive it for a half hour or whatever you want and make a pass (as long as you can too).

Other than that, everything else is classified.   :P

« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 01:15:23 PM by smith79 »

Offline Gilbertsta

• Moderator 🇺🇸
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +61/-51
Sounds like a russian build.

Offline smith79

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • KARMA +55/-161
  • Going to Dave's Bar
Sounds like a russian build.

Then you should be able to find the specs on hillary's server

:))

Offline Gilbertsta

• Moderator 🇺🇸
  • Detroit Birds
  • KARMA +61/-51
^^^hahaha thatís a good one (probably true)