unitedfbody.com

Author Topic: Autografics.com  (Read 341 times)

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
  • Parts, shirts, support the site. Be a Supporter
Autografics.com
« on: January 29, 2015, 04:02:24 PM »
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 04:06:09 PM by BURD »
1978 YEE

Just Say No to Facebook, your Foums Life Depends On It.

Offline MuscleCarBoltKits

• FBodyWhse
  • UFB Vendor
  • KARMA +14/-17
Re: Autografics.com
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 01:08:42 PM »
Do these guys make a 70's style bird for use on the 4rth gen? We get many requests for it, like the 73-78 Looping style bird to fit on a 93-02

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:44 PM »
I'm waiting for a intro from the owner, I don't see a fone #, maybe Email them. 
1978 YEE

Offline autografics

• UFB Vendor
  • KARMA +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
Yes, we can make the hood birds to fit just about any size hood.

Offline the Trans Am Reaper

• ADMINISTRATOR CEO
  • The Reaper
  • KARMA +28/-21
  • Banned on 7 Sites=FREE J MURRAY
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 09:35:09 PM »
awesome,hard to find good graphics
Parts so Mint, You Just May Soil Yourself.

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:10:29 PM »
Cool, thanks for checking in. 
1978 YEE

Offline autografics

• UFB Vendor
  • KARMA +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 10:37:18 PM »
We just added precut decal overlays for the '70-'81 Trans Am dash bezels

and for the '79-'81 Z28 dash bezels.

They are vinyl decal overlays for the metal panels of the bezels. If your dash bezel is looking tired, old, discolored, scratched and you don't want to pay top dollar to replace them, these decal overlays can give your old bezel a new look. They are precut for a perfect fit, not just a raw rectangle piece of vinyl that you have to trim all the way around and cut out every hole, which is tedious and almost guaranteed to result in noticeable imperfections. Plus, you can choose from Silver Engine Turn, Gold Engine Turn, Brushed Chrome, Chrome, Gold Chrome, Black Carbon Fiber, White Carbon Fiber, Diamond Plate or ANY of our normal vinyl colors. Reflective is not recommended for these.

For the Trans Am, our overlay can be supplied with any or all holes deleted and can be applied with the bezel still in the dash. You'll just need to remove the black gauge trim rings, clean the surface well and have a steady hand, maybe even a second set of helping hands. However, I would suggest pulling the bezel and laying it flat on a table. It makes the application super easy and there's allot less chance of error. The "Radial Tuned Suspension" emblem is not meant to be removed from these bezels, but our overlay is precut for it, so you don't have to destroy the mounting pins and glue the emblem back on after application, or try to trim the vinyl to fit around the permanent emblem. I use the emblem hole of the overlay as my guiding start point for overlaying. As soon as I guide the emblem through the hole on the overlay, the rest just kinda falls into place. Then, just pop the trim rings back on and you're ready to reinstall the bezel. The overlay fits the flat area of the bezel, right up to the raised edge. If you cover a silver bezel with silver engine turn, it's hard to tell it's been covered. If you're converting a silver bezel to a gold bezel with one of our gold engine turn overlays, you'll see a the thin silver edge of your bezel, so you should paint that lip black and it' ll look good. If you're wanting a true factory correct and show quality restoration of the bezel, I'd suggest having yours restored by "Dash Bezel Resto" in the vendors section. Our overlays are just an economical way to freshen the bezel face of your weekend toy or for those who are wanting a custom color scheme for their interior.
Our Z28 overlay is even easier to install and it beats having to pay over $300 to replace the metal panels of your bezel! That's what got me started on this project. My '81 Z dash bezel had a few wear spots and looked a little aged, so I looked into getting replacement panels. I was shocked to find that the only solution was a new metal panel kit that costs nearly a third of a grand! No thanks! Now, there's another solution for '79-'81 Z28 owners. We can do them in any of the vinyls listed above or any of our other vinyl colors. However, at the current time, we're unable to match the brown tinted brushed aluminum look. We can do a silver brushed look. They're not 100% factory correct, no "Lights" or "Lighter" lettering, but just another economical option for your project.
We also added the 2nd gen shifter bezel overlay so you can get a perfect match to your dash bezel overlay:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:17:16 PM by autografics »

Offline autografics

• UFB Vendor
  • KARMA +0/-0
Dash Bezel Overlays for '70-'81 TAs & '79-'81 Z28s
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 12:32:58 AM »
We just added precut decal overlays for the '70-'81 Trans Am dash bezels

and for the '79-'81 Z28 dash bezels.

They are vinyl decal overlays for the metal panels of the bezels. If your dash bezel is looking tired, old, discolored, scratched and you don't want to pay top dollar to replace them, these decal overlays can give your old bezel a new look. They are precut for a perfect fit, not just a raw rectangle piece of vinyl that you have to trim all the way around and cut out every hole, which is tedious and almost guaranteed to result in noticeable imperfections. Plus, you can choose from Silver Engine Turn, Gold Engine Turn, Brushed Chrome, Chrome, Gold Chrome, Black Carbon Fiber, White Carbon Fiber, Diamond Plate or ANY of our normal vinyl colors. Reflective is not recommended for these.

For the Trans Am, you can choose between the '70-'79 style(triangle turn signals) and the '80-'81 style(round turn signals). They can be supplied with any or all holes deleted and can be applied with the bezel still in the dash. You'll just need to remove the black gauge trim rings, clean the surface well and have a steady hand, maybe even a second set of helping hands. However, I would suggest pulling the bezel and laying it flat on a table. It makes the application super easy and there's allot less chance of error. The "Radial Tuned Suspension" emblem is not meant to be removed from these bezels, but our overlay is precut for it, so you don't have to destroy the mounting pins and glue the emblem back on after application, or try to trim the vinyl to fit around the permanent emblem. I use the emblem hole of the overlay as my guiding start point for overlaying. As soon as I guide the emblem through the hole on the overlay, the rest just kinda falls into place.

Then, just pop the trim rings back on and you're ready to reinstall the bezel. The overlay fits the flat area of the bezel, right up to the raised edge. If you cover a silver bezel with silver engine turn, it's hard to tell it's been covered. If you're converting a silver bezel to a gold bezel with one of our gold engine turn overlays, you'll see a the thin silver edge of your bezel, so you should paint that lip black and it' ll look good. Here's an extra bezel with overspray paint on it that we had and converted to white for a buddy with a custom interior:

Here's one with the silver engine turn vinyl:

If you're wanting a true factory correct and show quality restoration of the bezel, I'd suggest having yours restored by "Dash Bezel Resto" in the vendors section. Our overlays are just an economical way to freshen the bezel face of your weekend toy or for those who are wanting a custom color scheme for their interior.

Our Z28 overlay is even easier to install and it beats having to pay over $300 to replace the metal panels of your bezel! That's what got me started on this project. My '81 Z dash bezel had a few wear spots and looked a little aged, so I looked into getting replacement panels. I was shocked to find that the only solution was a new metal panel kit that costs nearly a third of a grand! No thanks! Now, there's another solution for '79-'81 Z28 owners. We can do them in any of the vinyls listed above or any of our other vinyl colors. However, currently, we're unable to match the brown tinted brushed aluminum look. We can do a silver brushed look. They're not 100% factory correct, no "Lights" or "Lighter" lettering, but just another economical option for your project.

We also added the 2nd gen shifter bezel overlay decals so you can get a perfect match to your new dash bezel overlay:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 02:10:45 PM by autografics »

Offline xtopfuel

• VIP Member
  • Moderator/Tech Staff
  • KARMA +249/-271
  • AA/FUEL DIGGERS
Re: Dash Bezel Overlays for '70-'81 TAs & '79-'81 Z28s
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2015, 07:36:58 AM »
very nice
1979 WS6 Nocturne Blue
1980 SE WS6 (current project)
69 Firebird prostreet
1968 Chevelle
1971 Monte Carlo (current project)

Offline xtopfuel

• VIP Member
  • Moderator/Tech Staff
  • KARMA +249/-271
  • AA/FUEL DIGGERS
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2015, 07:37:44 AM »
welcome
1979 WS6 Nocturne Blue
1980 SE WS6 (current project)
69 Firebird prostreet
1968 Chevelle
1971 Monte Carlo (current project)

Offline dlocke

• Diamond Member
  • KARMA +15/-10
  • Stay thirsty my friends
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2015, 08:20:50 AM »
Nice.  What are you getting for those dash overlays?
DJL

Offline Burd

• Detroit Birds 🇺🇸
  • Admin
  • KARMA +281/-338
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2015, 09:14:19 AM »
Thank for checking in. Your a new company to all if us here.
1978 YEE

Offline autografics

• UFB Vendor
  • KARMA +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2015, 03:35:47 PM »
It depends on which style you get and what type of vinyl. Our Trans Am overlay prices can be seen here:
http://www.autografics.com/pages/birds2.htm
And the Z28 prices are here:
http://www.autografics.com/pages/camos2.htm

Offline autografics

• UFB Vendor
  • KARMA +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2015, 03:38:41 PM »
Our Trans Am overlay prices can be seen here:
http://autografics.com/pages/birds2.htm
And the Z28 prices here:
http://www.autografics.com/pages/camos2.htm
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:39:34 PM by autografics »

Offline Squirrel

• VIP member 🇺🇸
  • Classic Car Dealer
  • KARMA +26/-3
  • Dan from Cincinnati
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2015, 06:49:59 PM »
looks like what i need for my 80z, will most likely order monday.
1978 TA W72/WS6 Brown/Black
1974 GTO Pinemist Green

www.cincyclassiccars.com